Recruitment
Application

Who's Online
None

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Clamidiaa

re: Madness video songs.

Was thinking about songs for the madness kill that is imminent. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Was looking at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4emT6btH4&feature=related

and also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgFJEJgUrg&ob=av2e

Both really good songs, same genra, with really stong beat and lyrics.

Arnathis
Friend

re: Re: Madness video songs.

Clamidiaa wrote:
Was thinking about songs for the madness kill that is imminent. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Was looking at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4emT6btH4&feature=related

and also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgFJEJgUrg&ob=av2e

Both really good songs, same genra, with really stong beat and lyrics.

I enjoy metal as much as anyone, one of my favorite bands is system of a down, seen them live 6 times but when I watch someones kill vid with metal in the background it often times becomes distracting. The focus is the kill not the music, the music is really just there to break up the monotony of watching someone elses 10 minute long fight. Also, music without lyrics or at least a very small amount of them seems to generally work better and keep the focus on the fight.

When I choose music I actually try to pick stuff that I feel matches the overall feel of the encounter. For spine I wanted songs that were mellow but still had an "epic" sound to them because I don't view spine as a very exciting or fast paced fight but it's still the defining encounter of this tier because of it's difficulty. Gonna prob be similar for madness as I really don't see that as a very fast moving fight either.

A fight like Heroic LK I could probably picture something faster paced working but not on these fights. Least that's my opinion.

Many don't like when there's any music whatsoever so staying a little low key with it helps to not overpower those people as well.

Last edited by Arnathis on 2012/02/19 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Arnathis
Friend

I actually have an idea for madness that I hope people will like, it's a little outside the box but I think it'll work, we'll see.
Eneia
Officer

cough*Whitney*cough
sciatika-

Eneia wrote:
cough*Whitney*cough

eww no
Showania
Advisor

amg two metal songs that are tolerable....i didn't think it was possible!

honestly i'm looking for some songs that are roughly 3-4 mins in length, because i feel like as the fight progresses the music needs to become more chaotic and faster, just because the raid is starting to become more unstable as you go along.

Like this song I'd probably use for the beginning and cut it down to 3-4 mins instead of the 6 mins it is:

Also, with this song I would use pieces/parts of for the 4th platform/phase 2 probably, but i'd have to edit the song in Soundbooth and figure out where the chord progression fits together to shorten it, and cut out certain parts of it that I didn't feel was necessary:

and then somehow figure out how to tie them both together, or i'd probably find a 3rd filler song for in between that connected them both.

Edit: (WHAT THE HELL YOU CAN'T EMBED EITHER OF THESE?!)

i just music nerded on you, you're welcome.

Friend

Something like this?

Showania
Advisor

i know exactly what parts of that song i'd use arny. :D

Music without lyrics is also really nic for those vids that have vent recorded.

Ranikotar#1685
Arnathis
Friend

Ranikotar wrote:
Music without lyrics is also really nic for those vids that have vent recorded.

Yea vent and lyrics don't usually mix well.
Flynnt
Shawover

Like with vent btw.. Marle and I were talking on vent and we both thought it was pretty cool to hear the shouts for joy at the end of kill videos.. but the vent narrating throughout the fight might not be worthwhile 'cause its like the same thing over and over on each platform.

Starting at 0:31

Another good option is this:

Then there's these:

Last edited by Shawover on 2012/02/20 9:46; edited 3 times in total
Marleficent
Officer

Some pretty sweet songs so far imo. Not usually a fan of the metal, but it could work.
@ video makers... this fight is extremely repetitive, I kind of wonder if you guys think including vent conversation other than maybe last platform and/or realm first screams is even worth it? It'll mostly just be "bolt.... bloods... aoe... rez him" over the course of at the very least the first 3 platforms.

Maybe some epic music with lyrics, like dubstep.. not Katy Perry, would work. Then on the last platform we could include your epic beats and Vex's inevitable screams!

Marleficent wrote:
Some pretty sweet songs so far imo. Not usually a fan of the metal, but it could work.
@ video makers... this fight is extremely repetitive, I kind of wonder if you guys think including vent conversation other than maybe last platform and/or realm first screams is even worth it? It'll mostly just be "bolt.... bloods... aoe... rez him" over the course of at the very least the first 3 platforms.

Maybe some epic music with lyrics, like dubstep.. not Katy Perry, would work. Then on the last platform we could include your epic beats and Vex's inevitable screams!

To be quite honest I don't know if I can pick and choose when I include vent and when I don't with windows live movie maker. It's a free program and doesn't have a lot of features a higher end editor would.
Arnathis
Friend

LOL Rani used that B-complex song in his rag kill vid... good memories.
Arnathis
Friend

Flynnt you should make a sweet <Alone> logo we can use for our openings instead of the insanely pixelated one I hijacked off the forum banner. Just sayin.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alone Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: